Community gardens, urban farms and other interested parties are invited to pick up free compost from the former Compost Cincy site at 6200 Este Ave., Cincinnati 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 25.
The material being distributed meets all State of Ohio standards for finished compost. It is not ground or screened, so it will not be as consistent in size as commercially purchased compost. All compost may contain traces of plastic. This material was analyzed and found to contain .1 percent plastic, which is significantly cleaner than the Ohio standard which is 1 percent or less.
There are no quantity limits. Bring your own containers and tools. A front-end loader is on-site to help fill trucks or trailers. Start early so you can make multiple trips.
This event is presented by the City of Cincinnati’s Office of Environment and Sustainability. For more information, contact OES at 513-352-5340 or OES@cincinnati-oh.gov.
Community Garden Program Director
- New law gives bikes three feet on roads
- Share more than seeds at Ohio Valley Seed Swap
- Dayton, Ohio hosts International Trails Symposium
- Backyard composting workshops return for spring
- Support your love of community, Community Shares
- Korman included in CityBeat’s annual Love List
- How to recycle old electronics
- Final consolidation sale includes supplies, bulk foods station
- Park + Vine closed for business